Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~WOW!!! Cake Decorating classes at Michaels~

Well, I did it! I went to my first cake decorating class last night and it was so much fun!! I'm really looking forward to being able to decorate my own cakes instead of paying someone $40-80 for each cake!! I never knew how time consuming and FUN it could be!! We get to bake our own cakes next class and learn to make roses and things for the top of the cake. I never knew how much FUN it would be and the ladies in there are great!! I am taking them at Michael's, I didn't even know they offered them there. Got any more cake decorators out there?? I would love some tips!! If you decorate, you know how expensive this can be, so if you don't need your Michael's coupons that come in the mail, PLEASE send them to me. I know you can go on their website and sign up for coupons that way too. And guess what, when you buy anything, they'll give you a 50% off coupon for your next purchase, it's attached to your receipt!! Have a great day everyone!!

3 comments:

Amoora said...

I didn't know they offered the class either. I have never taken a class but I do experiment at home. I bought a kit from walmart with about 20 attachments to start off practicing. Also you don't need to invest in that triangular paper stuff. I use zip-lock bags and just pierce a small whole at a bottom corner. I put the attachment in the corner and put all the my cream in the zip lock. It is cheaper then buying that paper. Good luck!

JenniferK said...

I dont decorate but Chad's aunt does and really enjoys it. She made our wedding cake and she does most of the "family" wedding cakes and does some neat ones for her children. Her youngest had a "Candy Land" cake one year and her and the little girls played the game. Let me know if you want to see a picture, I believe we have one or two. :)

Allison said...

That's so much for both of your tips and info! I really do appreciate it! I can't wait to actually learn more techniques :O)